ICESIT 2021 requires a bit extra preparation on your presentation before, during, and after the conference. The success of the conference depends on you:
Before the Conference:
• Please prepare an 10-15min video of your paper, any way you can. There are no formal constraints on what your video should be like. For example, you could create an illustrative video, or a more educational video, or simply a recording of your slide presentation (e.g., using screen capture or PowerPoint slide recorder).
• Be sure the video is of high (technical) quality. Ideally, the video should have:
• At least 1080p (or 4K) resolution
• At least 192kbit of mpeg 3 sound
• Clearly legible text, slides, images, and graphics (mind your image resolution and aspect ratio and keep in mind that participants might watch your video on a small screen)
• We recommend at most 5 lines of text / 5 bullet points per slide
• Be sure your voice is audible, not too soft, not over modulated (distorted), and the sound level is homogeneous throughout the video.
• Prepare a 1-slide teaser pitch telling people your key contribution. This pitch is hold as part of the live conference.
• Send your video and teaser slide to email: email@example.com. Name your files by Paper Code Number, first author surname, and the first five words of your paper title. Example: A001 Smith Exploring Students Perceptions of Software.mp4
• (recommended) You may also prepare a slide deck of your presentation and upload them as well.
• Deadline for your video: November 8, 2021, anywhere on earth
• After you received your discussant assignment by email for a similar paper in your assigned session, please read their paper, watch their video, and browse their slides and prepare 3-5 questions for the presentation you discuss. The questions can be anything you consider insightful and would spark participant discussion, clarifications, or perhaps a comment on your take on some contribution.
• Familiarize yourself with the virtual conference software.
• Familiarize yourself with the conference code of conduct.
During the Conference:
• At the time of your scheduled presentation, please join the session channel through the link that will be provided to you.
• As the session chair displays your 1-slide teaser, please provide a brief 2-3min verbal summary of your work.
• Mind that you will be responsible for presenting your screen.
• The session chair will then invite the discussant. If this is you, ask your questions or comments and help us ignite the discussion.
• We may take video and/or picture recordings of sessions for conference and session summaries and/or marketing.
After the Conference:
• You continue to have access to proceedings for a limited time at the discretion of the publisher.